Queen Elizabeth Way (QEW) Improvements from East of Cawthra Road to The East Mall Detail Design and Class Environmental Assessment G.W.P. 2102-13-00 & G.W.P. 2432-13-00
The Ministry of Transportation and its Contractor have been undertaking advanced works including vegetation clearing, and utility works and it is expected to continue through 2021 for the preparation for the construction of Contract 2.
Construction of the Contract 1 improvements along the Queen Elizabeth Way (QEW) from east of Dixie Road to The East Mall is expected to take place between mid-September 2018 and Spring 2022.
The Ministry of Transportation (MTO) has awarded the construction contract to Toronto Zenith and Contract Administration will be managed by GHD Limited. Key components of Contract 1 include:
- Replacement of the Etobicoke Creek Bridge;
- Rehabilitation of The West Mall ramp bridges over Etobicoke Creek and QEW;
- Rehabilitation of the Brown’s Line overpass;
- Localized QEW widening to accommodate operational and safety improvements and for construction staging;
- Drainage improvements;
- Watermain and Sanitary Sewer works;
- Modifications to/installation of retaining walls, noise barriers, sign structures, and illumination; and
- Pavement rehabilitation from west of Etobicoke Creek to The East Mall.
Questions regarding construction should be directed to the Contract Administration Team – GHD Limited, by e-mail at email@example.com, or phone at 905-752-4344.
Contract 2 Project Details
MTO is currently undertaking the Detail Design and Class Environmental Assessment Study for Contract 2 of improvements to the QEW from east of Cawthra Road to east of Dixie Road. Key components of Contract 2 include:
- Replacement of the QEW/Dixie Road underpass and reconfiguration of the QEW/Dixie Road interchange to a full-moves interchange including modifications to municipal roads;
- Replacement of the Ogden Pedestrian bridge and structural culvert west of Dixie Road;
- Realignment of local service roads;
- Localized QEW widening to accommodate operational and safety improvements and to maintain six lanes of traffic during construction;
- Drainage improvements including the addition of stormwater management ponds;
- Watermain and sanitary sewer works; and
- Modifications to / installation of retaining walls, noise barriers, sign-structures, traffic signals and illumination.
We want to hear from you
The purpose of this website is to provide interested parties with access to project information and to contact the Project Team.
We encourage you to review the contents of this website and provide us with your feedback. Details on public consultation activities to be undertaken during this project will be included in the Consultation section of this website. If you wish to be added to our project mailing list or submit comments or questions, please go to the Contact Us page.
If you have any accessibility requirements in order to participate in this project, please contact one of the Project Team members listed here.